BBQ fish recipes are quickly gaining steam. Unsurprisingly, since it’s a much healthier alternative to high-calorie red meats like steak, pork and lamb shanks. Grilling fatty fish like swordfish can even aid the weight loss process. It’s high in protein, vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids and contains essential amino acids. Here are delicious BBQ fish recipes for swordfish that can help you lose weight.
TRY THESE 3 SWORDFISH BBQ FISH RECIPES
1. ZESTY GRILLED SWORDFISH WITH SOY-GINGER SAUCE
Soy-ginger grilled swordfish is a healthy and easy-to-prepare dish. With the simple combination of ingredients, you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious flavour that perfectly complements the heart-healthy fish. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 567g swordfish steak
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- cooking spray
- Place parsley, ginger, oregano, soy sauce, orange juice, ketchup, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine ingredients. Reserve 2 tbsp of the mixture.
- Add oil and garlic to the bowl. Place marinade in a resealable bag.
- Place swordfish in the bag to absorb the marinade. Turn the steak to coat both sides evenly. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Lightly coat grill rack with cooking spray. Grill swordfish in high heat for 3-5 minutes. Flip to cook the other side until the flesh is opaque. Occasionally baste with the reserved mixture.
- Transfer swordfish to a plate and serve.
2. CAJUN-STYLE SWORDFISH
Cajun-style swordfish is one of the BBQ fish recipes with a kick. For those who want their dish to have some heat, this recipe is definitely a must-try. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 swordfish steaks
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp celery salt
- Preheat the BBQ to medium-high heat. Lightly coat swordfish steaks with oil.
- Combine peanut oil, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, lemon zest, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and celery salt in a small bowl. Mix the ingredients.
- Coat both sides of the swordfish steaks with the spice mixture.
- Grill the swordfish for 5 minutes. Flip to cook the other side for another 5 minutes. Make sure that the flesh is cooked through. Serve.
3. SPINACH AND FETA STUFFED SWORDFISH
Explore Mediterranean flavours with grilled swordfish that’s stuffed with spinach and feta cheese. This BBQ fish recipe makes for a tasty and healthy meal. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 swordfish steak
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- cooking spray
- Preheat the BBQ to high heat. Lightly coat the grill rack with cooking spray.
- Cut a deep pocket on one side of the swordfish steak. Combine 1 tbsp oil and lemon juice. Brush mixture on both sides of the fish.
- Heat 1/3 tbsp oil and garlic in a small pan over medium heat. Cook spinach until wilted. Remove from heat.
- Stuff spinach into the pocket. Place feta cheese on top — but still in the pocket.
- Grill the fish for 8 minutes. Flip to cook the other side until the flesh is cooked through. Serve.
Swordfish is one of the best fishes for BBQ. The flesh is suitable to cook on the grill and it also goes well with a lot of different ingredients. So, if you’re trying to lose weight, opt for BBQ fish recipes with swordfish.
These are healthy dishes that can help aid the weight loss process. Unlike high-calorie red meats, you won’t have to worry about your calorie intake with these three delicious BBQ fish recipes. Just keep in mind that swordfish should be eaten in moderation due to the high mercury content.