The nutrient-dense spice can boost your metabolism which then makes it easier for you to lose weight. This is possible because cayenne peppers are rich in capsaicin, a phytochemical that helps increase your body temperature. Cayenne peppers can also satiate you for a longer period as well as suppress your appetite. So, if want to boost your metabolism and lose weight, here are some cayenne pepper recipes for you to try.
CAYENNE PEPPER RECIPES TO IMPROVE YOUR METABOLIC RATE
1. CORN ON THE COB WITH LIME AND CAYENNE BUTTER
The first of our cayenne pepper recipes is for those who have yet to dip their toes into the world of spicy cuisine. This recipe for corn on the cob with lime and cayenne butter is the perfect introduction. The spiciness of the cayenne pepper balances the sweetness of the corn as well as the tangy flavour of the lime.
- 1/2 cob corn
- 1/2 lime, zested
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Put boiling water in a medium saucepan. Add corn on the cob. Boil for 8 to 10 minutes or until corn is tender. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Combine lime zest, butter, coriander and cayenne pepper in a separate saucepan. Heat until the ingredients are melted together.
- Spread cayenne butter over corn on the cob. Serve.
2. CAJUN SCALLOPS
We’ve also included Cajun scallops in our list of cayenne pepper recipes. Apart from cayenne pepper, this recipe also adds Tabasco sauce into the mix to make the Cajun scallops an even spicier dish.
- 3 scallops, cleaned and shells retained
- 3 slices lime
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp polenta
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Sprinkle cayenne pepper and polenta over scallops. Place a slice of lime on top.
- Grill scallops for three to four minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle mint drizzle Tabasco sauce and lime juice on top.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
3. SPICY TURKEY BURGERS WITH FETA SAUCE
Even the smallest amount of cayenne pepper can turn your traditional turkey burgers into a fiery dish. So, you’ll definitely get a kick from this recipe for spicy turkey burgers with feta sauce, which is the last of our cayenne pepper recipes.
- 454g ground turkey
- 3 onion hamburger buns
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp plus a dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place turkey, egg, paprika, onion powder, dried oregano, pepper and 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Divide the turkey mixture into three portions and form patties.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Lightly grease the grill grates with olive oil.
- Grill turkey patties for five minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another five minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
- Combine feta cheese, heavy cream and a dash of cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
- To assemble, place each patty on a burger bun. Spread the feta sauce on top of the patties. Add lettuce, tomatoes and onions if desired.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
To experience the metabolism-boosting properties of cayenne pepper, you need to consume the hot chilli pepper in moderation. So, even though we just introduced three cayenne pepper recipes, they’re enough for you to reap the health benefits of the hot chilli pepper.
If you want more variety, though, you can easily sprinkle cayenne pepper over your favourite healthy dishes. So, now that you know more about cayenne pepper as well as cayenne pepper recipes, it’s time to head to the kitchen and try them out.