When you want to eat something sweet, it can be tempting to open a box of chocolates or a pint of ice cream. You’ll have to resist, though, if you want to stay on top of your weight loss goals. Thankfully, there are easy no-bake desserts that can be quickly prepared without having to use the oven.
These are delicious enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. You also won’t have to feel guilty about consuming excess calories. With that said, here are easy no-bake desserts that are healthy enough to indulge in.
8 HEALTHY NO-BAKE DESSERTS FOR GUILT-FREE DESSERTS
1. CHOCOLATE BROWNIE BITES
The first of my easy no-bake desserts is perfect if you’re craving for chocolate but don’t want to stray from your weight loss diet. These chocolate brownie bites are also very easy to prepare. You’ll be able to indulge in this gluten-free and dairy-free dessert in just 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3/4 cup natural and unsalted creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place oat flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips and flaxseed in a large bowl. Mix to combine the ingredients.
- Add almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract to the bowl. Stir and fold in the ingredients until the dough is well-combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to scoop out some dough. Roll and press them into balls.
- Transfer the no-bake chocolate brownie bites to a platter and serve. You can also put them in the freezer for 15 minutes to enjoy chilled.
2. CHOCOLATE-COVERED BANANA POPS
If you want a simple but tasty no-bake dessert, try these chocolate-covered banana pops. These frozen delights are delicious enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. They’re also healthy enough that they won’t ruin your weight loss diet.
- 4 large bananas, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat for 1 minute or until melted. Stir to make sure the chocolate has melted.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place a popsicle stick in the bottom part of the banana chunks. Dip the banana popsicles in the bowl with chocolate chips. Make sure the entire piece is covered in chocolate. Then, sprinkle shredded coconut on top. Put completed banana popsicles on the baking sheet. Repeat step until all banana slices are done.
- Place the baking tray in the freezer. Freeze banana popsicles for at least 2 hours. Remove from freezer and enjoy.
3. CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING
My list of easy no-bake desserts includes pudding that does away with unhealthy ingredients. Nevertheless, this chocolate avocado pudding is just as creamy and delicious as the original version. It’s very easy to whip up, too. You can make this healthy dessert ahead of time, so you have something prepared for when the sugar cravings hit.
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and cut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- a pinch of sea salt
- Place avocados, cocoa powder, honey, Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture has a smooth texture.
- Transfer to small bowls and serve. Add fresh fruits on the side or homemade whipped cream on top if desired. You can also refrigerate and serve when ready to eat.
4. STRAWBERRY-BANANA FROZEN YOGHURT CUPCAKES
Ice cream is a popular comfort food. For dieters, though, the number of calories and fat found in each bite is anything but comforting. If you’re craving for some ice cream but don’t want to ruin your weight loss diet, try one of our easy no-bake desserts instead.
These strawberry-banana frozen yoghurt cupcakes are still smooth and creamy despite being lower in calories and fat. Thus, this sweet treat is still healthy enough to indulge in.
- 255g vanilla Greek yoghurt
- 8 strawberries
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tsp mini chocolate chips
- Place the strawberries and banana in a food processor. Pulse until you have a puree.
- Fill each half sphere of a silicone dessert mould halfway with yoghurt. Add a spoonful of the strawberry-banana puree. Top with more yoghurt and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Place the silicone mould in the freezer for at least an hour. When ready to eat, remove frozen yoghurt cupcakes from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes.
5. BOURBON AND NUT TRUFFLES
I’ve included bourbon and nut truffles in my list of easy no-bake desserts that are healthy enough to indulge in. These sweet treats are rich and decadent despite not having any sugar. Thus, this bourbon and nut truffles recipe can satisfy your sweet tooth.
They’re also delicious enough to serve guests at a dinner party. You can also customise this recipe for a non-alcoholic version of this easy no-bake dessert.
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup whiskey bourbon (or espresso for a non-alcoholic dessert)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 3 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp pink sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees Celsius.
- Place the almonds and walnuts in a large baking sheet. Toast for 8 to 9 minutes. Set aside. Place 1/2 cup shredded coconut in a separate baking sheet. Toast for 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Place toasted nuts in a food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add dates, bourbon, cocoa powder, vanilla bean paste and sea salt to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a paste.
- Stir in nuts and untoasted coconut. Pulse until the mixture is well-combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add the cacao nibs and stir to combine the ingredients. Stir in maple syrup if more sweetness is desired.
- Scoop 1 1/4 tbsp of the mixture at a time and roll them to form individual balls. Then, roll them in the toasted coconut.
- Transfer bourbon and nut truffles to a platter and serve. You can also refrigerate until ready to eat.
6. MANGO CHIA POPSICLES
If you want something light and refreshing, try one of my easy no-bake desserts. This mango chia popsicles recipe is very simple. It only has three components so they’re very easy to prepare too. Since the recipe also uses healthy ingredients, there’s no need to feel guilty about indulging in one treat after the other.
- 2 large ripe mangoes, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- Place mango and coconut water in a blender. Pulse until the mixture has a smooth texture. Then, stir in chia seeds.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds. Place sticks in the middle of each mould.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours up to overnight. Remove from the fridge when ready to eat.
7. VEGAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
The last of my easy no-bake desserts is a chocolate mousse that’s vegan and dairy-free. Nevertheless, this lower-calorie and lower-fat dessert is still very creamy and decadent. This recipe also has high-fibre ingredients so one serving will be enough to satisfy your sweet tooth. The rest can be left in the fridge for when another sugar craving hits.
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup whole roasted and peeled chestnuts
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- a pinch of salt
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat until melted. Set aside and let cool.
- Place dates, chestnuts, cocoa powder, coconut flakes and salt in a food processor. Pulse until you have a puree. Add the melted chocolate and pulse to combine the ingredients. Stir in the cold water and pulse until mixture has a thick, creamy consistency.
- Pour mixture into serving cups. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. When ready to eat, remove from fridge and serve.
8. CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY PROTEIN BALLS
These chocolate raspberry protein balls are a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate truffles. Since it’s part of my list of easy no-bake desserts, this means that you can indulge in these sweet treats without having to use the oven.
The overall result is soft, creamy and fresh truffles that are packed with protein and fibre. Thus, this easy no-bake dessert recipe is a suitable addition to your weight loss meal plan.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Place the oats, raspberries, peanut butter, cacao nibs, honey and cocoa powder in a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are well-combined.
- Scoop out the mixture to form 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll and pack them so that the ingredients stay together.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Now that I’ve introduced eight easy no-bake desserts that are healthy enough to indulge in, you can enjoy sweet treats without wreaking havoc on your weight loss diet. They’re very easy to prepare, too. Thus, these easy no-bake desserts are perfect for when you suddenly experience a strong sugar craving. With these recipes added to your weight loss meal plan, there’s no more reason to consider high-calorie and high-fat desserts.