Today, let’s get excited about eggs.
GET EXCITED ABOUT EGG SUPERFOOD RECIPES FOR WEIGHT LOSS
HOW ARE EGGS SO HEALTHY?
Most people have incorporated eggs into their diet without really realising how amazing this superfood is — especially when it comes to weight loss.
Did you know that eggs are one of the healthiest foods in the world? They’re packed with high-quality protein and healthy fats. Eggs also contain all nine essential amino acids the body needs to repair and maintain muscles and tissues. Read on if you want to learn all the weight loss benefits of eggs as well as some superfood recipes for weight loss.
WHY ARE EGGS GOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Eggs are one of the best sources of high-quality protein. Although one large egg is only 75 calories, you get 7 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat and 1.6 grams of saturated fat. High-protein foods make you feel full for a longer period. With a greater feeling of satiety, appetite is reduced and you’re less likely to overeat later in the day. According to studies, people who ate eggs for breakfast had reduced cravings and even consumed less food for the next 36 hours.
Apart from that, eggs also contain essential vitamins and minerals that the body needs to function optimally. These nutrients, along with high-quality protein, boost your metabolism. As such, eggs allow your body to burn more calories.
Overall, incorporating eggs into your diet leads to a lower daily caloric intake and a faster metabolism. These, in turn, allow you to lose weight much faster. Now that you know all about the weight loss benefits of eggs, it’s time to incorporate this superfood into your diet. Here are three egg superfood recipes for weight loss.
1. EGG AND AVOCADO TOAST
Eggs are already healthy on their own. What more when combined with another superfood — avocado? Egg and avocado toast is a healthy breakfast option that will keep you full and energized for the rest of the day. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 small avocado, pitted and sliced
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli-lime powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and then cook the eggs.
- Drizzle some oil over toasted bread slices. Place avocado slices on top and sprinkle with chilli-lime powder.
- Place one egg on top of each bread slice. Sprinkle some salt on top. Serve.
2. EGG AND QUINOA SALAD
Aside from the health benefits from consuming eggs, you also get a lot of vitamins, protein and fibre from quinoa. Thus, egg and quinoa salad is one of the best egg superfood recipes for weight loss. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8 baby corn spears, halved
- 4 baby beetroots, quartered
- 4 eggs
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/4 capsicum, diced
- 1 tbsp low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp light Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp light sour cream
- salt and pepper as needed
- Boil eggs for 4 minutes or according to your preferred consistency. Peel the eggs and set them aside.
- Place cooked quinoa, celery and capsicum in a bowl. Mix mayonnaise, yoghurt and sour cream in a separate bowl. Combine all the ingredients.
- Put beetroots, corn and eggs on top of quinoa mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
3. BAKED EGGS WITH SPINACH AND TOMATOES
You’ll be able to lose more weight if eggs are combined with other healthy ingredients like spinach and tomatoes. This baked eggs with spinach and tomatoes recipe is both healthy and delicious. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, as needed
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, spinach, cheese, basil, vinegar, oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Divide mixture into two servings and place them in oven-proof bowls.
- Create a well in the centre of each spinach-tomato mixture. Crack the eggs and pour into the wells.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked. Add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve.
Eggs are one of the best foods for weight loss. The nutrient-dense superfood is packed with protein, which keeps you satiated for a longer period. This, in turn, lessens your tendency to overeat or snack for the rest of the day.
Though eggs do not cause weight loss on their own, they can enhance your weight loss efforts when incorporated into a healthy diet. To see the amazing health benefits of eggs, be sure to try out these three superfood recipes for weight loss.